Created by Ashleigh on September 17, 2018
Making homemade broth always feels like a ton of work. There’s just no way around it. But the good news is that it also freezes incredibly well so if you have a day where you’re feeling extra motivated you can store some of this up for a chilly day. I love calling this hearty because...
- Prep Time: 30m
- Cook Time: 2h
- Total Time: 2h 30m
- Yield: 12 cups
- 6 cups diced tomato
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 head of celery, roughly chopped
- 4 large carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 sweet potato, roughly chopped
- 2 red onions, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- Place all of the ingredients into a large pot and cover with 14 cups of water. Bring everything to a boil and then reduce to a low simmer and continue to cook the broth for at least an hour and ideally 2 to 4 hours until a rich, red broth forms.
- Alternatively, you can make this broth in an instant pot by pressure cooking on high pressure for an hour and then naturally releasing for at least 30 minutes.