Created by Ashleigh on September 23, 2016
When the markets are bursting with summer tomatoes, this recipe has to be at the top of your list! It’s completely fat free and full of the brightest flavor. This dish is so messy, you might want to eat it standing over the kitchen sink. But it is totally worth it. So full of health...
- Prep Time: 5m
- Serves: 2
- Category: Fat Free Raw
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes
- 1 cup mango, diced
- 1 large handful of basil
- 1 large handful of cilantro
- 1/2 cup sprouts (any variety)
- 1 green onion stalk
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 medjool dates (pitted)
- Cut a circle around the stem of both tomatoes and remove.
- Using a spoon, scoop the inside soft insides and seeds of both tomatoes into the food processor. Leave about 1/4 inch of skin and flesh around the outsides of each tomato. Set the hollowed out tomatoes to one side.
- Place all the remaining ingredients into the food processor and process until well-combined but still textured.
- Spoon the "pesto" filling into the tomatoes and enjoy. This is a messy one so keep a napkin close by!