It is no exaggeration to say that I am currently obsessed with this sauce. It is a light, tangy punch of flavor that isn’t overwhelmingly spicy but has just enough heat to jazz everything up. I eat it over dumped over salads, steamed potatoes, stuffed sweet potatoes, lettuce wraps. I dip fries, raw veggies, basically everything I can in it. Sometimes, if I feel like punishment, I make it extra spicy by adding more jalapeño and cayenne. But most of the time, I love being able to eat my food swimming in Surfrider Sauce without crying. The name comes from a beach here in Southern California, inspired by how Buffalo Sauce is named after Buffalo, New York. Anyways, go make this and try not to drink it straight from the blender.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Total Time: 5m
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon each of onion powder, coriander, curry powder, chili powder, and paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon each of cayenne and fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Blend all of the ingredients together until completely smooth.