This simple vegan mushroom jerky packs a whole lot of flavor into each bite. I love that it only involves a few easy ingredients and comes together with just a few minutes of effort. You might want to double the batch, around here it disappears quickly!
- Prep Time: 35m
- Cook Time: 5h
- Total Time: 5h 35m
- Serves: 1 person
- Category: Cooked
- 10 shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon himalayan salt
- Cut shiitake mushrooms into quarters and set aside.
- Blend together the coconut aminos, maple sugar, garlic cloves and Himalayan salt until smooth.
- Marinate the mushrooms in the teriyaki sauce for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
- Bake the shiitake mushrooms on parchment paper at 350* Fahrenheit for 10 minutes and then transfer to a dehydrator.
- Dehydrate the mushroom jerky at 135 degrees for another 4 to 6 hours until the mushrooms are chewy but still soft. Store in the fridge and enjoy!