Created by Ashleigh on August 4, 2018
This simple, bright summer salad has a fun twist in the SMASHED version. If you haven’t smashed your cucumbers before you are in for a treat. Not only does it give them an awesome new texture but it is so dang satisfying. This is a great recipe to make with kids. They will have just...
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- Serves: 2
- Category: Raw
- 6 mini Persian cucumbers
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Place the whole cucumbers on a cutting board and use the heel of your hand to SMASH them! You'll feel a satisfying crunch and they'll be ready to chop. Roughly chop the smashed cucumbers and place them in a medium bowl.
- Place the cherry tomatoes in a bag and smash them until they are broken open and then dump the entire contents of the bag into the bowl with the cucumbers.
- Slice the onions thinly and add them to the cucumbers and tomatoes along with the juice from the lemon, the cumin, garam masala, maple syrup, and salt.
- Toss all of the ingredients together and enjoy. This salad is nice eaten alone, on top of leafy greens or in lettuce cups.