Created by Ashleigh on September 11, 2018
These chickpea scramble breakfast tacos are so good, y’all. For some reason, it’s easy to get stuck in a rut when you try to eat healthy where every single morning is a smoothie and there don’t seem to be any other options– especially if you’re trying to avoid grain. But my husband is a breakfast...
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 30m
- Serves: 4
- cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 package Siete Cassava & Coconut Tortillas (see description above)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup Surfrider Sauce (optional, see description)
- 1/2 cup Cashew Cream
- In a large pan, sauté the onions, tomato, red pepper, and garlic together in 2 tablespoons of water over medium high heat. Add more water by the tablespoon as needed to prevent sticking. Continue to cook for 5 to 7 minutes until the vegetables are cooked through and slightly browned.
- Add the chickpeas and salt to the pan and continue cooking over medium high heat. Use a potato masher or the back of a spoon to roughly mash half of the chickpeas. Cook 3 to 5 minutes until warmed through and thoroughly combined.
- Serve the chickpea scramble into warm tortillas of your choice. Top with avocado slices, cashew cream, jalapeño and hot sauce according to your preferences. Enjoy!