Created by Ashleigh on September 17, 2018
I’m convinced that tortilla soup is good any time of year. And to me, it’s perfect during this season where the sunshine is warm and the shade is cool. The days aren’t summer long but they’re not as short as they will be either. This soup is loaded with flavor. If you have people sensitive...
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 50m
- Yield: 12 servings
- 12 cups tomato broth (see description above)
- 4 cups diced onion
- 4 cups diced tomato
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups diced carrot
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons each of garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder
- 1 teaspoon each of paprika, cumin, red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan salt
- Optional Toppings
- 4 limes
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup cashew cream (see description above)
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- Add all of the ingredients except the toppings to a large pot and bring everything to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer for 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender and cooked through.
- Serve topped generously with cilantro, cashew cream, lime juice, jalapeño, and cayenne if desired!